Monday, May 9, 2011

Oh my back!


Today is a dreaded Monday. I am finally back to the office after a 3 week break to Paris, Prague, Munich and Beijing. It was a relief being able to walk around all day long, and not have to sit on a chair at my desk. As you may already know from my About Me page, I suffer from upper and lower back pains especially due to my weight. It gets so bad that the back of my thighs feel like bedsores after sitting 1 hour in a chair. Many people have asked me to simply change chairs, and it will miraculously solve all your back problems. No such luck! I have spent thousands of dollars buying over 5 types of chairs that felt right at the shop, only to discover pain-in-my-bum problems after using them for a few hours. This is the chair that I am currently sitting on, ergonomically designed to fit my posture. Do you see anything wrong with it?

My office chair

My chiropractor Dr. B has set up an exercise plan for me. Plus plenty of stretching to the gluteal area. I do all that, but why does my bum still hurt? :( I was forced to take further action at the office, by setting up a timer device on my computer. Every 45 minutes, this annoying program will pop-up and lock my workstation and prevent me from using it for 5 minutes. I am supposed to get up and take a walk and do some stretches if necessary. Some days, I really really hate this program! So annoying! Ironically, it was me who set it up to be this annoying :D





So today, I decided to try out these Pure Relief Chips for the first time. I stuck one sticker at the back of each thigh this morning, and was curious how it would fare today. When I first stuck them on, I had already completed my first 45 minute on the chair, and was very slightly sore, maybe scoring 2 out of 10 (10 being pain until I am writhing on the floor). I must be crazy or imagining things, but the moment I stuck them on, I honestly felt relieved. I don't dare to tell my colleagues, they would just laugh at these stickers. And I don't have the confidence to talk about them yet. It is now 4pm, and I have obstinately sat through 2 45-minute sessions. Which means, I sat on my chair for 45 mins + 5 mins break + 45 mins again, without much of a problem. I stubbornly tried to last a 3rd 45-minute session but the pain came back after 15 minutes. Still, it was almost 2 hours worth of painless-bum instead of my usual 45 minutes. I am finding these chips to be rather interesting indeed. Since each chip can last for about 3 days, I will keep trying over the next 2 days and update you on my progress.


The official writeup on what I call Pain Chips, can be found at http://everyday.cieaura.com/pure-relief.html

No comments:

Post a Comment