Tuesday, May 10, 2011

How does it work? Errrr ....


Highly intrigued with my new chips, I visited a pharmacist friend of mine and showed the chips to her. I explained how they have helped me in the past few weeks, and how wonderful they were in helping me. Her first reaction is, "Wow, so small. How much per piece?" I calculated and said about US$3.00, and it drew a slightly stunned look. Her next question was, "How does it work?". I felt really dumb at that point. In this 21st century, how is it that humans dare to paste anything on their bodies without first finding out what it is? Even if everyone says it is like a miracle or God-send, does it mean that you can jump in head-on without knowing anything?

So this morning, I went to do my research. According to their official website here, it blasts you with a video with many testimonials (incidentally their models are all good looking people). Very convincing video, but I am on a mission today, so I have to ignore its temptations of being satisfied with that answer. Reading further below, it says "3000 Years of Science in a 21st Century Delivery System". Great tagline, but it still doesn't answer my question. Then comes this statement "CieAura Transparent Holographic Chips™ use a proprietary combination of homeopathic formulas consisting of intrinsic energies that affect positive health responses."

What is homeopathy actually? I googled and got quite a few results, but this statement explains it the clearest.
What are intrinsic energies? The core human energy field, firstly discovered by the Chinese, as CieAura says, 3000 years ago. Most of us know this energy field as Chi (气).

Now we're getting closer. These chips contain diluted substances containing Chi, in order to reduce symptoms of pain, sleep disorders and lack of energy. That still sounds strange to me. Then I found another Research & Science section of the CieAura page. This is my interpretation of it.

The Chinese believe heavily in Chi. When energy is constantly flowing, it is healthy. If there are any blockages, you will feel pain/discomfort. How do you unblock any blockages? By stimulating the meridian points, which is the basis of acupuncture. So CieAura chips help to unblock these blockages. My original question is, how does it work? In the end, it's a company secret. They claim that it is non-invasive, so there are no tiny needles in that sticker poking your meridian points. They claim that is contains no chemicals, so nothing is seeped into the pores of your skin. Since I believe in acupuncture and Chi, I just have to accept that they have somehow found a way to trigger the flow of Chi in my body. Homeopathy is also linked to the term placebo. Perhaps it is one, but many placebos have worked on many people. This is a decision on your part whether to believe in these chips or not.

Next time someone asks me how does it work? My answer will be :-
Do you believe in acupuncture? This is very similar except that it uses a sticker instead of needles. These stickers will help to release the blocked energies in your body to make your Chi flow better. It doesn't contain any chemical but uses HOMEOPATHY (big keyword). It is not a cure, nor does it diagnose. It just gives you better rest, less discomfort, and better energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment